Friday, September 30, 2005

never heard of it.

the purpose of this journal is simply a memory exercise. I have the most fleeting memory of anyone I've ever known. I don't remember endings to movies, plots of books, stories from my childhood until those experiences are suggested again and again by others. However, I kept a journal in my sophomore of college, and i was sufficiently less demented. some thoughts, some feelings, but mostly experiences and everyday jib-jab. Elementary students could tell you that writing things down helps consolidate memories. well, they wouldn't use the word consolidate, but the concept is there. And this is my goal... not so much to head off the onset of alzheimer's in my amateur scribbling, but at least to be able to remember more details about my life. I don't really predict much of an audience.
So. with that said, all formalities out of the way. I shall commence the rambling...all to follow will most likely be of little consequence to you. consider that your only warning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home