Sunday, October 09, 2005

the more we get together, the happier we'll be.

so, I pierced my foot. I say, pierced, because that is what you do when you put a hole through something, no? We have these little green 'guns' at work that we use for attaching tags to clothing via those little clear plastic things, you know what i'm talking about. They have about a 2 inch long sharp pointy 'needle' which i clumsily knocked off of the countertop straight onto the top of my foot. there was more blood than i expected, and a hole that is STILL there. I've worn closed-toed shoes in labs for four years and never once has it 'come in handy', and here working in retail, i should have err'ed on the side of caution. Work has been fun this week, I stayed BUSY for most of my shifts. I worked 13 hours this weekend, i think...I priced a lot of new cute stuff, helped several ladies pick out entire 'outfits' (they really did look cute), and we had a rep come by with a whole new line - and i got to 'model' a bit and even throw in my opinion.

I went to my second-ever hockey game last night...college hockey can be brutal. I saw more fights than I did when I went to cheer on the Stars. Trae is playing for BU Club Hockey, the reason for my new interest. The game was down in college station...there were a grand total of 8 Baylor fans there...5 of those being for Trae. They had some folks down and out, so he didn't get to play as much as he'd hoped. He did get to START though, how cool is that? However, Not cool that we missed those first 30 minutes of the game. We did get in a nice freebird burrito afterwards...yet, it is still no BAHA in my book. I would be willing partner-up with anyone interested and open up a BAHA franchise nearby just to taste that yummy goodness once again. oh, and Poker was played again...fun was had. i had an unlucky night. carly won her first game. :)

and if you need a good pick-me-up, I owe Aaron for sharing this laugh: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/daker.html

i'm in the market for jeans. as it were. why does every place have to suck this season. why do all my jeans have giant holes and have to hang down a mile in the butt space, it's not like i'm 'lacking' in that region. Aaron and I traveled the world far and wide today in search of perfection, but within these city limits-- i am not quite satiable. i am honestly considering just making a special trip outta town JUST for a pair of good denim.

don't you just love the weather? c'est parfait.

Should my hair :
(a) stay the same
(b) cut 5-6 inches
(c) return to my blonde roots

in a less serious note, I just ordered 2 donald miller books and a KAPLAN GRE book online. dirt cheap...so, I'm really doing this. I've picked a new road, and will begin my travels. I can search schools, print applications, and order practice books all day...but the pressure has been applied, and its time to actually physically make the first steps necessary in this somewhat-sudden, new venture for me. I mean, honestly, graduation is in a little over two months, jae. So, next fall, I could be...in oklahoma, in chicago, in north carolina, in new york, or godforbid somewhere in the midwest. well, i guess the 'godforbid' part should be ''still stuck in waco waiting tables'' or something. But, at least with all best-intentions Aaron and I will be relocating together. we have to. whatever sacrifices must be made. . . . I wish I would hear back from places sooner than mid-spring. I wish I would be able to answer people's questions at graduation when they ask where-next?...instead of being one who can't. at least i have a plan, right? God's got a plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home